It is a tool for reverse engineering 3rd party, closed, binary Android apps. It can decode resources to the nearly original form and rebuild them after making some modifications; it makes possible to debug smali code step by step. Also, it makes working with the app easier because of project-like files structure and automation of some repetitive tasks like building apk, etc.
- Disassembling resources to the nearly original form (including resources.arsc, classes.dex, 9.png. and XMLs)
- Rebuilding decoded resources back to binary APK/JAR
- Organizing and handling APKs that depend on framework resources
- Smali Debugging (Removed in 2.1.0 in favor of IdeaSmali)
- Helping with repetitive tasks
- Updated baksmali/smali to v2.3.4
- Updated gradle to 5.6.2
- [#2131] Added support for Android Q (Android 10)
- [#2086] Fixed build issue with JDK9+ due to jmod change.
- [#2058] Fixed security issue with unpacking assets via directory traversal.
- [#2027] Fixed issue with
api-levelcommand not showing up.
- [#2048] Fixed issue with directory warning when not automatically making framework directory.
- [#2045] Fixed issue with mapping for codename “Q” release
- [#2046] Fixed issue with raw
qmgfiles not decoding properly.
- [#2064] Fixed issue copying assets to a directory that does not exist.
- [#2063] Fixed NPE with empty attributes during deserialization.
- [#2084, #2018] Fixed removal of META-INF/services. (Thanks adibfara)
- [#2117] Fixed support for “attr” bag type. (Thanks visigoth)
- [#2093] Fixed license headers on AOSP/Android4Me files.
- [#2120] Added enhanced wrapper for Windows. (Thanks Varstahl)
- [#2051] Added advanced command for skipping non-root dex packages.
- [#2028] Fixed issue with MIUI package names being renamed. (Thanks IgorEisberg)
- [#1272] Fixed issue with too long command due to uncompressed file list. (Thanks IgorEisberg)
- [#2071] Fixed issue with NPE on annotations.
- [#1576] Fixed issue with garbled attributes. (Thanks brianairb)
- [#2226] Fixed regression with
--only-main-classesnot usable. (Thanks realityJie)
- [#2141] Fixed issue with bugged Window aapt builds. (Thanks Furniel)
- [#2105] Fixed issue with JVM not knowing bitness on Windows.
- [#1272] Fixed issue with long path commands due to recording compression. (Thanks peret)
Copyright (C) 2016 iBotPeaches
The post Apktool v2.4.1 releases: A tool for reverse engineering Android apk files appeared first on Penetration Testing.