Don’t leave your kids to their own devices – give them a head start with staying safe online instead
The festive season is a time for giving, and what better present to give your children than ensuring that they can enjoy their new connected gadgets and stay safe along the way? As parents, we need to equip our kids with the knowledge and skills they need to use technology safely; indeed, could such lessons be one of the most meaningful, albeit not necessarily the shiniest, gifts your kids will ‘unwrap’ this holiday season?
Watch the video to learn:
- why teach wisdom to your children about the privacy policies of apps and devices
- what your kids need and, indeed, your entire family needs, to know about passwords
- why it’s important to update software to the latest version
- how to stop internet-connected toys from putting the privacy of your kids and family at risk
- why it’s essential for family members to connect with one another and engage in an open dialogue about cybersecurity
Perhaps you’re still searching for the perfect last-minute gift for your kids, in which case look no further than the video below – the gift of cybersecurity awareness will last them all year long. Our tips, along with teaching your offspring to use technology in a responsible manner, will help put them on the right track towards becoming privacy- and security-savvy netizens.
Happy holidays and stay healthy!
A parent’s guide to smartphone security
Fantastic passwords and where your children can find them
3 things to discuss with your kids before they join social media
A generation of connected kids
What’s your attitude to parental controls?
More curious, less cautious: Protecting kids online
To learn more about more dangers faced by children online as well as about how technology can help, head over to Safer Kids Online.